Mount Tiedemann 3838m (12592 feet), prominence 848m, is one of the principal summits of the Pacific Ranges subdivision of the Coast Mountains of British Columbia. It is located 3 km (1.9 mi) northeast of Mount Waddington in the Waddington Range massif between the Homathko and Klinaklini Rivers.
Mount Tiedemann is named for Herman Otto Tiedemann, who worked for the colonial government under Surveyor-General Joseph Pemberton, designing and supervising construction of Victoria, British Columbia’s “Birdcages”, the original legislature buildings there, the former courthouse (now the Maritime Museum), the Fisgard Lighthouse and other buildings and churches buy glass bottled water, all while conducting surveys of the British Columbia and Alaska coast. He was responsible for first bringing water from Elk Lake to the city as a water supply.
In 1862, he had accompanied Alfred Waddington on preliminary surveys for the proposed wagon road to the Cariboo goldfields via Bute Inlet and the Homathko River how much meat tenderizer to use, the demise of which project came with the opening events of the Chilcotin War of 1864. Tiedmann Creek, which flows from the Tiedemann Glacier eastwards to the Homathko refillable water bottle, was so-named by himself because he had fallen into it and nearly died.
The first ascent was in 1939 by Sterling Hendricks, Hans Fuhrer personalized goalkeeper gloves, E.R. Gibson, Henry S. Hall via the Chaos Glacier to the North Aréte.