Mount Tiedemann

Mount Tiedemann 3838m (12592 feet), prominence 848m, is one of the principal summits of the Pacific Ranges subdivision of the Coast Mountains of British Columbia. It is located 3 km (1.9 mi) northeast of Mount Waddington in the Waddington Range massif between the Homathko and Klinaklini Rivers.

Mount Tiedemann is named for Herman Otto Tiedemann, who worked for the colonial government under Surveyor-General Joseph Pemberton, designing and supervising construction of Victoria, British Columbia’s “Birdcages”, the original legislature buildings there, the former courthouse (now the Maritime Museum), the Fisgard Lighthouse and other buildings and churches buy glass bottled water, all while conducting surveys of the British Columbia and Alaska coast. He was responsible for first bringing water from Elk Lake to the city as a water supply.

In 1862, he had accompanied Alfred Waddington on preliminary surveys for the proposed wagon road to the Cariboo goldfields via Bute Inlet and the Homathko River how much meat tenderizer to use, the demise of which project came with the opening events of the Chilcotin War of 1864. Tiedmann Creek, which flows from the Tiedemann Glacier eastwards to the Homathko refillable water bottle, was so-named by himself because he had fallen into it and nearly died.

The first ascent was in 1939 by Sterling Hendricks, Hans Fuhrer personalized goalkeeper gloves, E.R. Gibson, Henry S. Hall via the Chaos Glacier to the North Aréte.

Metousiosis

Eastern Christianity portal

Metousiosis is a Greek term (μετουσίωσις) that means a change of οὐσία (essence, inner reality).

Cyril Lucaris (or Lucar), the Patriarch of Alexandria and later of Constantinople, used this Greek term to express the idea for which the Latin term is transsubstantiatio (transubstantiation), which likewise literally means a change of substantia (substance, inner reality), using, in the 1629 Latin text of his The Eastern Confession of the Orthodox Faith, the term transsubstantiatio, and, in the Greek translation published in 1633, the term μετουσίωσις.

To counter the teaching of Lucaris, who denied transsubstantiatio/μετουσίωσις, Metropolitan Petro Mohyla of Kiev (also called Peter Mogila) drew up in Latin an Orthodox Confession, defending transubstantiation. Translated into Greek homemade meat tenderizer mallet, using “μετουσίωσις” for the Latin term “transubstantiation”, this Confession was approved by all the Greek-speaking Patriarchs (those of Constantinople, Alexandria, Antioch, and Jerusalem) in 1643, and again by the 1672 Synod of Jerusalem (also referred to as the Council of Bethlehem).

The declaration of the 1672 Orthodox Synod of Jerusalem is quoted by J.M. Neale (History of Eastern Church, Parker, Oxford and London, 1858) as follows: “When we use the word metousiosis, we by no means think it explains the mode by which the bread and wine are converted into the Body and Blood of Christ, for this is altogether incomprehensible . . . but we mean that the bread and wine are changed into the Body and Blood of the Lord, not figuratively or symbolically, nor by any extraordinary grace attached to them . . . but . . . the bread becomes verily and indeed and essentially the very true Body of the Lord, and the wine the very Blood of the Lord.”

The Catechism of the Catholic Church likewise states that the change is real, but that how it occurs is a mystery: “The signs of bread and wine become, in a way surpassing understanding, the Body and Blood of Christ.”

Since the Eastern Orthodox Church accepts as dogma only the solemn teaching of seven Ecumenical Councils, this approval, though part of what the called “the most vital statement of faith made in the Greek Church during the past thousand years”, was not equivalent to a dogmatic definition. However, the Protestant scholar Philip Schaff wrote in his : “This Synod is the most important in the modern history of the Eastern Church, and may be compared to the Council of Trent. Both fixed the doctrinal status of the Churches they represent, and both condemned the evangelical doctrines of Protestantism … the Romish doctrine of transubstantiation (μεταβολή, μετουσίωσις) is taught as strongly as words can make it.”

The term metousiosis is, of course, not found in the text of the Eastern Orthodox Church’s Divine Liturgy, just as the term transubstantiation is not found in the text of the Latin Eucharistic liturgy. The Encyclopedia of Eastern Orthodox Christianity states: “The Greek term metousiosis, which is comparable to the Latin transsubstantiatio, does appear in Orthodox liturgical and theological texts – though not as often as other vocabulary (e.g., metastoicheiosis, a “change of elements”).

A. Osipov states that the Orthodox use of the Greek word μεταβολή (metabole), meaning “change”, and the Russian предложение in relation to the Eucharist should not be taken as equivalent to the word “transubstantiation” how much meat tenderizer to use, which has been rendered as metousiosis. Eastern theologians who use the word “transubstantiation” or “metousiosis” are careful to exclude the notion that it is an explanation of how the bread and wine of the sacrament are changed into the body and blood of Christ, instead of being a statement of what is changed. Both Orlov and Nikolaj Uspenksij appeal to Church Fathers who, when speaking of other doctrines, drew analogies from the Eucharist and spoke of it as bread and wine, but as having also a heavenly nature.

Some Eastern Orthodox theologians thus appear to deny transubstantiation/metousiosis, but in the view of Adrian Fortescue, what they object to is the associated theory of substance and accident, and they hold that there is a real change of the bread and wine into the body and blood of Christ.

An English translation of the full, quite lengthy, declaration by the 1672 Orthodox Council of Jerusalem, convoked by Patriarch Dositheos II of Jerusalem, can be found at the website .

The first edition of The Longer Catechism of the Orthodox, Catholic, Eastern Church, known also as The Catechism of St. Philaret, did not include the term metousiosis; but it was added in the third edition: “In the exposition of the faith by the Eastern Patriarchs, it is said that the word transubstantiation is not to be taken to define the manner in which the bread and wine are changed into the Body and Blood of the Lord auburn football jersey; for this none can understand but God; but only thus much is signified, that the bread truly, really, and substantially becomes the very true Body of the Lord, and the wine the very Blood of the Lord.” The official Greek version of this passage (question 340) uses the word “metousiosis” european football shirts sale.

Writing in 1929, Metropolitan of Thyatira Germanos said that an obstacle to the request for union with the Eastern Orthodox Church presented in the 17th century by some Church of England bishops was that “the Patriarchs were adamant on the question of Transubstantiation”, which, in view of the Thirty-Nine Articles, the Anglican bishops did not wish to accept.

A collection of texts from as early as the 5th century in which councils, individual ecclesiastics, and other writers and theologians of the Eastern Orthodox Church used the Greek term in the same sense as the Latin term is found at .

The Coptic Orthodox Church of Alexandria does not use a term corresponding to transubstantiation/metousiosis, but it speaks of “change” and rejects the Protestant denial of “the reality of the change of the bread and wine to the body and the blood of our Lord Jesus Christ”.

Poznań Fast Tram

Legend:

Poznański Fast Tram (Polish: Poznański Szybki Tramwaj, PST, informally: PeSTka) is a 6.1-kilometre (3.8 mi) stretch of grade-separated tram/light rail line in Poznań, Poland. The tracks are set in a cutting or on an overpass, switches allowing to drive on adjacent tracks. The stops, resembling railroad stations, have a different colour scheme each. This tram line was created as an alternative to a more expensive metro. The PST, opened in 1997, links the densely populated northern districts of Winogrady and Piątkowo with the city centre. It is served by lines 12, 14, 15, 16 and 26 (during the rush hours), as well as by the night line N21.

Poznań is a city of 580,000 inhabitants, with about 200,000 more living in the suburbs. Most of the city’s office buildings are located in the centre, while most light industry is located uptown or in the suburbs around the city. Hence most trips by public transport are to and from the centre.

The first Poznań public transport company started its business activity in 1880, with a few horse-pulled trams. At that time basketball socks wholesale, the town had about 70,000 inhabitants, and was not growing due to building restrictions imposed by the Prussian military administration creating Festung Posen (“Poznań Stronghold”), see Poznań in the Kingdom of Prussia (1793–1918).

Soon after the company was established, the construction limitations were lifted, and the town grew very fast to about 200,000 inhabitants in 1920s. By that time there were some early ideas of creating a segregated line that would link the centre with one of the northern districts. Neither technology nor the budget allowed for a construction of such a tram line, and metro, as in Berlin, would have been too ambitious and unnecessary, so the plans were shelved.

In the 1960s and 1970s how much meat tenderizer to use, Poland’s communist government built blocks of flats in the north and east of the city. This created a high population density and thus a high demand for transportation. However, these districts were poorly served by public transport: it took up to 45 minutes by bus to travel to the city center. A corridor was left for the construction of a tram line. The construction work commenced in 1975, progressed very slowly, finally stalling at 60% in 1990, after the fall of communism. Construction resumed in 1993, and the entire project was ready by the end of 1996.

Originally, the line was meant to be separate from the tram network, with a terminus in the city centre. Then a decision was made to connect to the existing tram network.

The line opened on February 1, 1997. Travel times between the northern districts and the centre decreased from about 40 minutes to some 10–15 minutes. This, combined with limited and paid parking space in the centre, contributed to the huge success of the line, with overcrowding at peak times. In 1999, another service (no. 16) was added, but the capacity of the operation is reaching its limits. With the new line 16, trams run every 2.5 minutes at peak times, and as the line has not been fitted with a train protection system, for safety reasons there cannot be any more trams per hour than there are now.

The trams suffered from vandalism and from a lack of security. These problems, however Leaf Pendant Necklace, diminished when surveillance cameras were installed. The project has had a very positive impact on the communities it serves, making them more attractive for investors, as well as stopping a depopulation.

Some institutions and companies served by the tram, listed by station, include: (those marked by a plus (+) have moved in the general area after the opening of the line):

Legend:

Similar fast tram networks exist in other parts of the world — namely in Vienna, Amsterdam, and Brussels — while several other cities, beginning with Karlsruhe, have used mainline railway tracks to expand their tram networks. However, those cities are much larger and have gone further towards the development of trams into metro-style, heavier vehicles. It was therefore important for the Poznań administration to find out on their own how successful the program would be.

As the program had proved successful, another extension started in early 2005, connecting the city centre with eastern high-rise districts. It is not truly a fast tram on the same scale, but the success of the first program has prompted the authority to convert an existing line into a faster one.

Gretsch 6120

La Gretsch 6120 est une guitare hollow body fabriquée par Gretsch dont les premiers modèles datent du milieu des années 1950.

Voulant concurrencer l’association entre le musicien Les Paul et la marque Gibson soccer goalie shoes, Jimmy Webster qui était représentant de la firme, contacte Chet Atkins en 1954. Bien qu’au départ peu enthousiaste à l’idée de changer de guitare, l’artiste accepte de représenter la marque lorsqu’on lui offre de réaliser une guitare selon ses critères et qui porterait son nom. En 1955, la première guitare signature de chez Gretsch est née: la 6120. Il collaborera à la création de plusieurs autres modèles. Cette association s’avérera fructueuse jusqu’à la séparation en 1978.

De nombreux rockeurs ont, à l’image d’Atkins, adopté la 6120 et en ont fait un instrument mythique: Eddie Cochran, Duane Eddy electric toothpaste dispenser, Pete Townshend, George Harrison…

En raison de l’évolution des goûts musicaux et d’un changement de propriétaire qui how much meat tenderizer to use, à la fin des années 1960, provoqua une baisse de la qualité des instruments, la production des 6120 a cessé à la fin des années 1970. Lorsque le guitariste de rockabilly Brian Setzer joue avec les Stray Cats sur une vieille 6120, la côte de la guitare remonte.

En 1988, la société se remonte et relance rapidement les ventes avec des assemblages japonais à partir de pièces produites en Europe et aux USA mais des custom shop américaines sont également disponibles.

Dans les années 1990, Gretsch lance la série Electromatic afin d’attirer les budgets plus modestes et lance le modèle le plus vendu de la marque: la 5120. Celle-ci est la petite sœur de la 6120.

Aujourd’hui, une vaste gamme de 6120 est disponible, y compris une série de modèles signatures de Brian Setzer et des rééditions fidèles de classiques des années 1950.

Plusieurs autres modèles signatures sont disponibles comme la Reverent Horton Heat ou encore la Duane Eddy.

Les premiers modèles de 6120 étaient équipés de micros DeArmond FidelaTone Dynasonic.

En 1957, la marque dote la 6120 des premiers micros humbucker (l’invention datait cependant de 1935): Le modèle FilterTron.

La marque est aujourd’hui associée au constructeur TV Jones notamment pour équiper la 6120, lequel reprend les caractéristiques de ce premier modèle pour ses productions.